Important information for you regarding your credit/debit card.
The Walton Hotel by Tarry Boutique Hotels requires ‘all’ guests to provide a valid credit or debit card on check- in. The hotel will pre-authorise your card for your full room rate (unless room rate paid in advance) plus £50 per night per room for any additional charges which you may incur during your stay with us. Payment can still be made in CASH on check-out for any charges if incurred.
A ‘pre-authorisation’ is not a charge. The guests’ issuing bank/credit card company holds the pre-authorised amount temporarily from the available balance of the card holder’s account for the hotel to use.
Pre-authorisation is a common process followed within hotels in the UK at check-in. The way it works is that a pre-authorisation request is made by the hotel’s card terminal to the card holders’ bank, your bank/credit card company authorises the funds and sends an authorisation code to the hotel. This confirms the availability of the requested funds in the card holder’s account to cover charges in the hotel (if any).
This authorisation code is expected to be used when the transaction is about to complete (that is on check-out). If the authorisation code given by your bank/credit card company is not used by the hotel, this means that your account had no incidental charges during the stay OR the hotel has secured funds through other means (Cash or another card) and has had no need to use those blocked funds OR does not wish to proceed with the transaction due to other reasons.
If on check out, a guest decides to pay using Cash or with an alternative credit/debit card (different to the one provided on arrival); the amount taken from the first credit/debit card normally takes 5-7 working days to be released back to your card by your own issuing bank or credit card company. Some issuing banks and building societies may take longer specially for cards issued outside of the United Kingdom.
If you have any queries or problems regarding the pre-authorisation after check out please contact your issuing bank/credit card company. The Walton Hotel by Tarry Boutique Hotels accepts no responsibility for any bank or credit card charges should your account become overdrawn as a result of this.
We take the matter of your privacy and personal information very seriously.
If you are asked to provide information to Tarry Boutique Hotels Ltd it will only be used in the ways described here.
If you have any questions about this policy please contact us using the details shown on our website or as set out further below.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
This website policy was reviewed and updated in November 2019.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on our website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use our website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
The Data We Collect
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including telephone numbers, postal and email addresses
• Demographic information, such as postcode, date of birth and preferences
• Website usage and technical data including your IP address and browser type/version
How do we use your data?
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from Tarry Boutique Hotels Ltd., enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records
• To improve the products and services we provide
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
• To customize the website for you
• To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
• To send you promotional mailings
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we may share your information with:
• Individuals within Tarry Boutique Hotels
• Selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
Cookies and How We Use Them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• Analyse our web traffic using Google Analytics. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
• Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
• To recognize when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling Information About You
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Confirm your agreement to our collection and processing of your personal data pursuant to this policy and in accordance with the law
• Opt in to receive marketing communications from us by email.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily via one of these methods:
• Visiting [URL] and selecting ‘Unsubscribe’.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visit or phone The Walton Hotel and ask to change your records
• Write to us at: The Walton Hotel, 2 North Road, The Park, Nottingham, NG7 1AG
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with GDPR.
Security And Storage
We will always hold your data securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We will at all times process and store personal data in line with relevant legislation.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Links From Our Site
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the Tarry Boutique Hotels domains.
If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Access To Information
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. To request your information please contact email@example.com.